PROJECT BRIEF: COPORATE OFFICE FOR AN IT COMPANY IN MUMBAI,SEEPZ. The office measures 10,450 Sq.Ft.on the third floor of a six-storey commerical building located in a special economic zone in Mumbai. CLIENT BRIEF
- To design five identical floors as a workplace of a six-storey building,with reception on the ground floor and cafeteria in the basement.
- Each of the 5 work floors had to have different character with a theme concept.
- The 3rd floor was taken up first as a lounge office giving us the freedom to develop new innovative design theme for a particular age group of20-35.
- To establish a visual lounge theme with a warm, appealing, inviting and comfortable workplace.
- To create a new trend of transparency in IT services, and balance that with the more contemporary and practical needs of individual identity and privacy.
- To achieve required density and create levels of movement, primary to secondary, public to private.
- The floor plan maximizes the flexibility and day light penetration and fosters collaboration of varying work styles and efficiency.
- The work tables are made 3″ less in either dimensions without comprising in efficiency,but allow wider passages and greater sense of openness.
- Glass partitions separates different groups while retaining visual link. The wood strips on the glass partitions hide the joints and give character to the space.
- Privacy and identity are evident in the more secluded break-out spaces,where the contemporary pinestripe lines appear in several iterations in ceilings, partition walls, wooden screens and other visual cues.
- The colour palette of the space is neutral with the fumiture,accessories,cement sheet wall panelling of varying thickness in the working zone and splashes of texture paint in the passage area.
- The coldness of polished concrete in the passage are is softened by white paint on the right side wall and glass partitions on the left side.
- Material palette with “earthy browns and greys”
- Polished concrete flooring, vitrified flooring ensembling natural stone effect and wooden flooring.
- Glass partitions, wall paper, cement sheet of varying thickness and texture paint.
- Wooden screen and blinds, fabric lights.