The idea for the cabin is that of a lakeside shelter in the woods—a little box with a big window that opens to the surrounding landscape. The cabin’s big window-wall (30 feet by 20 feet) opens the entire living space to the forest and lake. Materials are low maintenance—concrete block, steel, concrete floors and plywood—in keeping with the notion of a cabin, and left unfinished to naturally age and acquire a patina that fits in with the natural setting. The cabin sleeps ten.
Project Status: Built
- Architecture Firm: Olson Kundig Architects
- Design Principal: Tom Kundig
- Project Manager: Steven Rainville
- Staff: Alan Maskin
- Interiors: Olson Kundig Architects
- Photography: Benjamin Benschneider