CREAA, creation of the Alcorcón Arts Center project was born of an architectural proposal of high sensitivity with the broader sustainability criteria in force. The 66,000 m 2 building includes 9 buildings: three Theatre spaces (Auditorium, circus and configurable room) and 4 professional technical schools (Conservatory of music and dance, school of circus and theatre technicians professional school), that can operate in joint or independent way according to needs, as well as a conference space, a restaurant. On it, a public park of 60,000 m^2. Intervention consists of modifying the existing ground level and won under the same space. From the Esplanade surrounding castles, start a walkable roof garden, which hides the parking and a spine of common services at three levels below ground and detaches from this line, in different volumes and earrings that respond to the needs of each application, ending as an elevation of small-scale constructed parts in front of the main street. A new Park since its initial conception of project, in addition to resolving the complex and extensive programmatic needs, seeks the final formalization of a large urban park that is attached to the existing Park of castles architecture semi-buried the adopted solution of burial of the greater part of the building and covered in green spaces and passable formalizationgenerates important benefits in passive sustainability, which means significant energy savings without cost, together with the additional implementation of numerous active sustainability technology solutions, provide an excellent environmental vocation CREAA. Passable covers and landscaped the important thicknesses of deck slabs more contributions of land for planting, they generate elements of thermal inertia, that protect natural living spaces, and minimize energy requirements for air conditioning. Also there is an interesting effect of evaporative cooling, thanks to irrigation of the vegetation cover, which joined the autoarrojada shadow of plant species, they drastically reduce exposure to the important summer sunlight, again reducing global energy requirements for air conditioning.
Project Status: Built
- Architecture Firm: CMA Arquitectos
- Architects: Javier Camacho, P. Bustamante
- Collaborators: Juan Santana ;Beatriz Noves ;Cristina Müller-Hillebrand ;María Navascués ;Andrea Hess; Antje Stuchlik;Carlos Piantino;Gonzalo Martínez Del Olmo;Gustavo Pernía;Irene Chorro;Javier Perdiguero;Lilia Himeur; Nuno Raimundo;Pablo González;Pedro Rebelo;Silvia Sordi;Virginia Sambade.
- Consultants: NB35, S.L.;Ingeniería De Instalaciones: Grupo JG, S.L.;Acústica: Higini Arau;Iluminación: Miguel Díaz, BM Lighting Design, Birgit Walter;Instalaciones Especiales:Miguel Ángel Vaquero;Jardinería Y Paisaje: Teresa Galí Izard;Seguridad Y Salud: Pedro-Antonio Beguería Latorre;Presupuesto: Álvaro Rivera Y Calixto Moralejo;Imágenes: Arte-Factory;Maquetas: Juan De Dios Hernández Y Jesús Rey
- Photography: Camacho-Macia